Linear Variable Filters
- Our stock LVF s cover 3 ranges 0.9-1.7 µm, 1.3-2.5µm and 2.5-5.0µm , these can be purchased from our web-shop.
- We also manufacture custom LVF’s, contact us to discuss further.
- Applications include mini-spectrometers, multi-gas analysis, industrial process monitoring and many more.
- Infrared Linear Variable Filters are narrow band filters where the Centre Wavelength (CWL) changes with distance along it’s length, this is shown in the diagram below for a 2.5-5.0 µm type.
- Our range of stock LVF s allow the user an opportunity to explore the technology but at a relatively low cost.
- Follow the link below to see our range of LVF’s including our all new ‘Generation 2’ LVF s launching in 2021.
LVF Performance Explained
The diagram below shows the performance ‘end to end’ of a 2.5µm-5.0µm LVF.
LVF Part Numbers Explained
Example: LVF 2.5 – 5.0 – 15.0 – 3.5 – 0.5
The table below shows all of our LVF’s including our all new for 2021, 2nd Generation LVF’s. More information can be found through the datasheet links.
|Product Number||Range||Dimensions (Length x Width x Thickness)||Bandwidth (as a % of centre wavelength)||Datasheet||Price||Buy Now|
|LVF 0.9-1.7-3.5-15-0.5-2%||0.9 – 1.7 µm||15 x 3.5 x 0.5 mm||2% (Generation 1)||See Datasheet||£500.00||Buy Now|
|LVF 1.3-2.6-3.5-15-0.5-2%||1.3-2.6 µm||15 x 3.5 x 0.5 mm||2% (Generation 1)||See Datasheet||£550.00||Buy Now|
|LVF 2.5-5.0-3.5-15-0.5-2%||2.5-5.0 µm||15 x 3.5 x 0.5 mm||2% (Generation 1)||See Datasheet||£600.00||Buy Now|
|LVF 0.9-1.7-3.5-15-0.5-1%||0.9 – 1.7 µm||15 x 3.5 x 0.5 mm||1% (Generation 2)||See Datasheet||£700.00||Buy Now|
|LVF 1.3-2.6-3.5-15-0.5-1%||1.3-2.6 µm||15 x 3.5 x 0.5 mm||1% (Generation 2)||See Datasheet||£750.00||Buy Now|
Features of Generation 2 Infrared Linear Variable Filters
- 2 ranges covered, 0.9-1.7µm and 1.3-2.5 µm.
- Width/FWHM =1% x Centre Wavelength.
- Blocking greater than OD 3.5 average outside passband.
- Specifically for systems where higher signal to noise ratio is critical.
Features of 1st Generation Infrared Linear Variable Filters
- 3 ranges covered, 0.9-1.7µm, 1.3-2.5 µm and 2.5-5.0 µm.
- Width/FWHM =2% x Centre Wavelength.
- Blocking greater than OD 2.5 average outside passband.
We manufacture and design custom infrared LVFs. This is likely to involve working with you to design, specify and manufacture a unique solution for your application. We are able to make different bandwidths, sizes etc to suit your needs. For more information please contact us on the link below.